How can my school become a ProStart School?
The school/educator must agree and or meet the following criteria:
- Purchase and use ProStart materials in their entirety.
- The school must be approved by a state restaurant association ProStart Coordinator to implement the ProStart program.
- Market/implement the work/internship component of the program to students and their parents.
- Work with the local state restaurant association to recruit industry partners.
- Market the ProStart National Certificate of Achievement to students and parents.
- Administer the national ProStart exams to students who are interested in earning the certificate.
- Attend educator training for the ProStart program.
- Provide the local state restaurant association ProStart Coordinator with fall updates to include information on the number of students in program, the number of students working, etc.
- Provide assistance with long-term tracking/metrics of students who graduate from the ProStart program at your school.
- Inform students of the scholarship opportunities available to them through the NRAEF.
- Educator must provide an email address for communication purposes.
My school already participates in Skills USA/FCCLA. Can we also do ProStart?
- Yes! ProStart is a curriculum and program. It integrates well with existing FCCLA and SkillsUSA schools.
What are the Educator's Responsibilities?
- Teach the complete course of study.
- Connect students' work experiences to lesson plans and activities.
- Gain firsthand experience of foodservice industry (job shadow an industry professional, visit trade shows, etc.).
- Get to know your students' mentors.
- Proctor National Restaurant Association Solutions’ ProStart final exams.
How are ProStart Lessons prepared?
With ProStart, absolutely everything needed for fun, interesting and informative instruction is provided for you.
- When you adopt the entire ProStart program you’ll receive a complete Teacher’s Resource Kit with easy-to-follow how-tos for implementing the program and establishing outreach activities.
- Detailed lesson plans for each session will help you prepare with a minimum amount of time and effort.
- The organizing has been done for you so you can move right into enjoying the ProStart program with your students.