Members may post job opportunities in the food industry. Please forward job descriptions to Tom, email@example.com.
Saybrook Point Inn & Spa
Fresh Salt Job Postings
Full Time and Part Time Positions are available at Fresh Salt, located in Old Saybrook.
Breakfast Line Cook
$12-15/hour. Benefits available for full time positions The role of the breakfast cook is to prepare culinary delights for our guests. Guest satisfaction in our restaurant revolves around the high quality of meals, appearance of food, and overall dining experience. The breakfast cook is responsible for the daily preparation of food items in the pantry, fry stations or other areas of the kitchen.
Sous Chef/Chef d ’Cuisine
$50,000 plus Benefits
The Executive Sous Chef is generally responsible for the supervision of the entire kitchen in the absence of the Executive Chef. The Executive Sous Chef must ensure that all the food preparation in the kitchen is within the guidelines of proper techniques as presented in the recipe manual. This position requires overseeing line station setup, breakdown, and production, as well as supervising all kitchen employees.
PM Line Cook
$12-15/hour. Benefits available for full time positions.
The role of a line cook is to prepare culinary delights for our guests. Guest satisfaction in our restaurant revolves around the high quality of meals, appearance of food, and overall dining experience. The line cook is responsible for the daily preparation of food items in the pantry, fry stations or other areas of the kitchen. Food and Beverage Receiving Clerk $15/hour. Working closely with both the Executive Chef and Restaurant Managers, this part time position will consist of 25-30 hours per week with primarily morning shifts. Store room inventory management or culinary purchasing experience preferred but not required. The duties of the Food and Beverage Receiving Clerk include, but are not limited to: Coordinating and receiving food & dry good items and supplies Rotating current stock in the walk-ins and other storage areas Maintaining par levels Issuing products to departments as needed Maintaining overall cleanliness
Food Runner $10/hour.
The role of the Food Runner is to assist the Servers with the expediting of food to customers. In addition, some secondary duties will include cleaning and bussing tables, filling glasses, etc. Must be available for a varying schedule to include nights, weekends, and holidays. A qualified applicant will be able to: Provide preliminary information regarding menu Deliver food to tables Check food for accuracy Replenish food and beverages when required Take additional orders when required Bus and clear tables Clean tables and work areas Transport trays of soiled dishes Qualified applicants please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
DAY SHIFT\EVENING SHIFT Chef
Job Location: Newtown, CT
DAY SHIFT/EVENING SHIFT Chef (21214)
Masonicare at Newtown
40hrs/wk - Every Other Weekend
Day Shift/Evening Shift - Varies
Prepare food in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, with our established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the Executive Chef Director of Dining Services to ensure that quality food service is provided at all times. Under the supervision of the Executive Chef, is responsible for hot food preparation, including accompaniment and garnishes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintains a comprehensive knowledge of food preparation and handling technique.
2. Ensures required sanitary levels are maintained throughout the food preparation process. Alerts supervisor to problems and needs concerning food or equipment.
3. Works well independently given proper direction.
4. Has latitude to cope with some problems.
5. Previews menus and work orders to determine type and qualities of meats, vegetables, soups, salads and desserts to be obtained and prepared.
6. Ensures that all food prepared meets existing standards for quality, freshness, taste and appearance. All cooking equipment and utensils are inspected and maintained for cleanliness and proper operations.
7. Plans and coordinates cooking schedules to ensure foods will be ready at required times.
8. Operates commercial kitchen equipment including, but not limited to, ovens, steamer, griddle, grinders, slicer, etc.
9. Attends/facilitates daily production meetings.
10. Arranges and provides service for special catering functions.
11. Practices proper storage techniques, i.e. wraps, dates, labels and rotates all food items after use according to F.I.F.O methods
12. Responsible for the proper and required documentation for handling food equipment in accordance with all regulatory agencies and H.A.C.C.P. guidelines.
13. Reports, in a timely manner, any issues, malfunctions or difficulties to the Executive Chef / Director of Dining Services.
14. Applies kitchen safety rules while working in order to maintain a safe working environment.
15. Implements all required monitoring tools including, but not limited to, purchasing logs, substitution logs, food temperature logs, equipment temperature logs, etc. to ensure compliance with all regulatory / accreditation bodies.
16. Cleans work area and equipment used in food preparation.
17. Takes necessary precautions and follows correct procedures for lifting and bending.
18. Demonstrates knowledge of fire safety procedures and assists with evacuation of residents to a sage location in the event of fire or other emergency.
19. Attends all scheduled in-services, education programs, staff meetings and other training opportunities.
20. Cooperates with staff of other departments in performing job duties.
21. Responsible for answering all phone calls directed to kitchen line.
22. Responsible for preparing late trays in a timely manner.
23. Supervises food service workers job performance and closing shifts to ensure that kitchen stays clean and sanitized. Performs counseling session for the staff who are not in compliance.
24. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education: Post High School Vocational/Specialized Training
Experience: 3-5 years experience in large-scale food preparation
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Able to meet deadlines. Able to read recipes and instructions for preparation.
Physical Demands: Heavy physical effort (lift/carry up to 50 lbs). Frequent prolonged standing/walking. Working Conditions: Subject to burns and cuts. Exposed to hot and humid work environment. Exposed to hazards of steam and heat. Exposed to varying degrees of kitchen elements.