CT Hospitality Educational Foundation Scholarship
The Connecticut Hospitality Educational Foundation, the philanthropic arm of the Connecticut Restaurant Association, will award scholarships this year to students pursuing a career in the Culinary Arts, Restaurant Management or an affiliated degree. CHEF will also be selecting the recipient of a scholarship from the Frederick A. DeLuca Foundation. The deadline for applications is May 15, 2014.
Download the application here.
Access the online application here. National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation Scholarships
The National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation wants to put you on the path to achieving your dreams. The NRAEF offers a variety of merit-based
scholarships to students
who want an education and a career in the foodservice industry, starting at $2,500 scholarships. Click here for more details
The ProStart program has articulation agreements with over 60 colleges and universities across the country. Read about them here.
ProStart Scholarship Opportunites 2014
International Culinary Institutes at the Art Institutes: The first place winners of each competition will receive a $3,000 tuition scholarship, renewable for up to four years for a maximum of $12,000; to attend any of our over 35 schools across the U.S. Winners of the state contests may contact Julie Walsh at The Art Institutes at 1-800-275-2440 for more information and scholarship details. In addition, many Art Institutes schools offer additional scholarships for winning Culinary and Management teams.
Johnson & Wales University: $1,000 for each 1st place team member, $750 for each 2nd place team member.
Louisiana Culinary Institute: $3,000 for each 1st place team member, $2,000 for each 2nd place team member.
New England Culinary Institute: The New England Culinary Institute awards scholarships in the Culinary Arts and Management Competitions. NECI gives $15,000 ($5,000 per residency) to each 1st place team member, $12,000 ($4,000 each residency) to 2nd place team members.
Other Opportunities for ProStart Students not competing:
- The Connecticut Hospitality Educational Foundation offers $1,000 and $500 scholarships to students pursuing a culinary degree, with a preference given to ProStart Students
- The International Culinary Schools at The Art Institutes have an essay based scholarship contest called, ProStart With A Purpose. This scholarship is for high school seniors and the entry deadline is May 13th, 2014.
- The International Culinary Schools at The Art Institutes also have a national articulation agreement with ProStart pursuant to which qualified students can earn up to 12 credits of advanced placement to attend any one of our locations offering degree programs in Culinary and Hospitality related areas of study.
- The Art Institutes Best Teen Chef Competition is yet another way that talented ProStart students can compete for scholarship dollars. More information can be found at artinstitutes.edu/culinary
- Louisiana Culinary Institute: All students that complete and graduate from ProStart I and II receive a $2,000.00 ProStart Excellence Award. This money will go straight towards tuition. Proof of official certification from each state and the NRA is required.
- The National Restaurant Association Education Foundation offers a variety of scholarship opportunities for ProStart Students as well as others pursuing a culinary degree. Visit http://www.nraef.org/scholarships/