2023 CRA Golf Classic Chef Farm Collaboration Dinner
Sponsored by Performance Foodservice
The Connecticut Restaurant Association and CT Hospitality Educational Foundation are excited to share this opportunity exclusively for your students as participating schools in the ProStart Program.
The CRA Golf Classic is scheduled for Monday, June 26 at Lyman Orchard in Middlefield. The golf tournament is followed by a Chef Farm Dinner prepared by some of the top chefs in our state. The chefs want to work with ProStart students and I need your help to identify students who wants an amazing experience working along-side our chefs.
We will select up to 10 students to participate for back of the house, and an additional 5-10 for the front of the house and other volunteer jobs. Duties will include everything from food prep, plating, serving and more. Each student will be assigned to a chef who will work with them throughout the day. Ideally we would love to have every school represented, but if we don’t have candidates from each school apply, we may be able to have additional students from the same school. I am asking you to share this link with students you think would be best for this opportunity. There is an additional link for your referral of that student.
If you have any questions at all, please let me know.
Guidelines & Expectations
- Must be available Monday, June 26 from 2:30 pm to 7:30 pm.
- Must be willing and excited to work on all sides of an off-site catering event: setup of tents, cooking areas, food prep, plating, serving and more.
- Must attend a pre-event zoom(s) to coordinate day-of activities (date and time TBD).
- Must provide own transportation. This is not a school event and students will be volunteering on their own time.
- Students who complete the Chef Assistant assignment will receive a $100 Visa Gift Card at the end of the day.