Governor Lamont signed Executive Order 7MM which makes the following changes:
- Allows municipalities to expedite changes to their zoning rules or other ordinances to expand outdoor dining;
- Creates an expedited approval process for restaurants and other establishments that serve food to get fast-tracked permission to create or expand outdoor dining areas;
- Allows other businesses such as retail stores to get fast-tracked permission to sell goods on the sidewalk or in other outdoor areas, including shared spaces or spaces provided by municipalities;
- Allows restaurants and other businesses who already have liquor permits to serve alcohol only with food without applying for a separate patio or extension of use permit;
- and Allows private clubs to sell alcohol only to their members for delivery or pickup.